Etape du Tour 2022
Etape du Tour 2022 Annecy to Grand Bornand Book a bespoke package with Annecy Lakeside Holidays
The 2022 Etape du Tour will be held over the same route as Stage 10 of the Tour de France and features some of the toughest road cycling climbs in the Northern French Alps. Starting from the beautiful town of Annecy, the course will cover the climbs of Croix-Fry, Col des Glieres, Col de Romme and the seriously tough Col de la Colombiere, tackled from the north. Featuring in the Tour de France for the very first time is the super steep Col des Glieres with a section of gravel to be tackled once reaching the famous Plateau. This terrain is well known to us at Bascamp featuring in our annual La Resistance event. After summiting Colombiere, it will be a downhill finish in Le Grand Bornand.
The famous Etape du Tour returns to Basecamp’s backyard in 2022 with a stage worthy of anyone’s respect. We’ve secured a range of accommodation in our home village of Talloires, perfectly located for the start in Annecy. Over the weekend you’ll be able to hang out with fellow riders at the Basecamp cafe, take a short ride to the start village to collect dossards and generally enjoy spending time in our beautiful surroundings in preparation for the big day.
Our comprehensive support package will ensure you’re perfectly prepared:
- Airport transfer from Geneva Airport, direct to your hotel
- Dedicated mechanics on hand to help with bike assembly and last minute technical issues
- Range of hotel accommodation to suit all budgets
- Basecamp guides to meet you at the airport and be on hand throughout the weekend to support and advise
- Exclusive Basecamp feed-stations on the course to ensure you get the nutrition you need
- After the finish, relax at the Basecamp chill zone with a well-deserved cold beer and congratulations